- 105 lessons broken down into 7 levels from B1 – C1 level.
- Topics and tasks that cover a wide range of everyday business contexts.
- Optional, personalized feedback from a tutor on writing tasks that details task achievement, organization of information, range and accuracy of language used, and style and register.
- Structured practice to help learners plan, draft and finalize their writing with helpful tips and model writing for reference.
- Printable end-of-lesson reviews with model texts, dos and don’ts and useful phrases.
- Built-in progress updates and an end of course test to measure improvement.
About Writing for Business
Writing for Business can be used flexibly as a stand-alone course, or as a homework supplement for students who need to improve their writing skills in business contexts.
Those who are willing to study 2-3 hours a week over several months will see a significant improvement in their ability and will have increased confidence in managing communication with colleagues in a wide range of business situations.
At the start of Writing for Business, students complete a short writing test, and are then provided with lessons at their recommended level to choose from.
Each lesson begins with a Case Study which clearly summarises the context and the objectives for the lesson. This is followed by a series of activities to help students learn to plan, draft, and finalize their writing before applying their skills to a realistic writing task. Students are fully supported with tips and writing models before they move on to complete the final task.
A premium course structure can be organized so that students can send each of their writing tasks to one of our online tutors for feedback. They will receive detailed comments on how well the objective was met, as well as comments on organization, accuracy, range and style. Students can also share their tasks in the Gallery to learn from others following the course.