- Content-rich lessons from B1 – B2 level presenting language in 30 of the most common business situations.
- Coverage of over 600 key expressions that are transferable across different industries and work settings.
- A wide range of exercise types including comprehension and practice activities that develop both micro and macro level skills in listening and pronunciation.
- Interactive role-plays that offer realistic conversation practice in everyday business situations.
- A useful Language Study cycle that summarises key phrases, and explains how and when they should be used.
- Material that includes a variety of accents to help prepare learners for interactions with native and non-native speakers of English in the work-place.
- 30 blended lessons which focus on speaking skills and complement digital lessons.
About Business Speaking
Business Speaking offers focused, effective practice of English skills in over 30 common business settings. Those who are willing to study 2-3 hours a week over several months will see a significant improvement in their level and in international exam test scores.
Students are exposed to over 600 key business expressions in natural contexts that feature speakers from 6 different countries including the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Singapore and India. The language that is taught can be easily applied across industries making this a highly practical course in Business English.
Business Speaking provides practice of key language in both formal and informal business settings. Students will practice vocabulary and common expressions through a variety of speaking and listening activities in order to communicate more confidently in the workplace.
Each lesson ends with a test in a dynamic, role-play format to assess if students are able to use new language appropriately in the given context. On completion of the course, students will have a much broader range of vocabulary, and be able to use new language effectively to interact with clients and co-workers.
Business Speaking also includes optional use of blended learning material which complements the digital lessons. There are Hand-outs, Teacher’s Notes, Language Summaries and Audio for group, 1:1, or Skype-type speaking lessons.